Thursday 14 April 2016

ON THE STRUGGLE OF LIFE [ POETRY ]






ON THE STRUGGLE OF LIFE








I thought of You today

I thought of You and remembered those words You told me

In the most prefect way

You calmed my beating heart

And ease my breath

You told me those words and I carry them still

They lift me, fill me, undo the wear

Because more than pain, I am worn

I feel like I've lived this story for a thousand years

And I'm ready now to sleep

I'm ready to let go

I'm ready for the story to end now

I'm ready to feel your peace

And the sound of you voice

Telling me I'm done, I've won, I'm there

But I know I know this place

I've been here before

I'm going to sleep now

I'm going to sleep

Please don't ask

Please don't ask

Just let me sleep

Just let me sleep with your words upon my tongue:

'Oh mankind, indeed you are ever toiling towards your lord, painfully toiling...

But you shall meet Him' (Qur'an, 84:6)




N / F : FROM "RECLAIM YOUR HEART", BY YASMIN MOGAHED.

No comments:

Post a Comment